Here are some tips to make the most of your smaller spaces:
1. Paint and decorate in light and cool or neutral colors. Light blues, greens and neutrals make a space appear larger. Try for similar cool and neutral tones on walls, curtains and furniture. Then, use textures, prints and colorful accents to add vibrancy.
2. Add a mirror to reflect light. Hang a mirror vertically if you want the wall to appear taller, or horizontally if you want the wall to appear wider.
3. Use a striped area rug to trick the eye. Your eye will expand the room in the direction of the stripes.
4. Use furniture with a light visual weight. A glass coffee table or end table take up less visual space, and makes the room appear larger. Aim for furniture with clean, straight lines rather than bulky arms and legs.
5. Use furniture wisely. If you’re in love with a bigger piece of furniture, make that one heavy piece the focal point. Make sure accessories and other furniture in the room are subtle and pair well with your focal point.
6. Install floating shelves. Floating shelves give you storage space, without the heavy footprint of a bookcase.
7. Cut the clutter. This is especially important in small rooms, where clutter quickly takes over. Move collections to a different room, or try rotating in seasonal accents to change up the look every few months.
8. Watch your ceilings. Have a low ceiling? Avoid tall furniture that will draw attention to it. Have a high ceiling? Decorate vertically to draw your eye upwards, making the room appear larger.
Ready to upgrade to a bigger space? Give me a call for an appointment today!
At Exit Realty of the South, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information, comprehensive resources and the highest possible level of customer service in order to meet or exceed your real estate goals and objectives. Guided by honesty and integrity as a professional standard throughout the company, we are devoted to your total satisfaction as the benchmark of our success. The recipe for our success is an extensive support team that is second-to-none and passionate real estate professionals who invest numerous hours of continuing education to remain on top of their field.
Above and beyond having the desire, knowledge and ability to manage a real estate transaction, we employ innovative tools and systems that allow us to be most effective and efficient in serving you. From our computers to web-based real estate software and many other innovative techniques, we are driven to stay at the leading edge of technology to better serve you.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality Realtor services. At Exit Realty of the South we strive to provide the most knowledgeable and savvy real estate agents in the market. Whether you are buying or selling, an Exit Realty of the South sales representative has the skills to serve you above the rest.